Saturday 2 May 2015

Hawaiian Chicken

 
The other day I checked in my refrigerator for things to whip up a light dinner. I found I had 1 chicken breast and no other vegetables. A big question mark. I sat at the dinning table wondering what to do. My husband had asked me twice if he needed to go shopping for vegetables, I had said no. Now how could I tell him to go shop.The fruit bowl on the table stared at me. Idea....... if I had no veggies, fruits would be an option, good or bad, I did not know at that time. I decided to name it Hawaiian Chicken because I used fruits and chicken. You can plan and replace wine with White Rum or if you do not like alcohol, use tender coconut water or sugarcane juice and change the fruit to Pineapple . The choices and options are many. You choose you cook.
 
I decided to follow my mind. 

Ingredients :
  • Chicken leg or breast. I had 1 chicken breast..
  • 1 apple.
  • 1 pear.
  • 1/2 cup thick curds take hung curds if you have time.
  • 1/2 tsp mustard oil.
  • 1 tsp olive oil.
  • 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
  • 1 tsp coriander powder.
  • 1/2 tsp roasted jeera powder.
  • 1/2 tsp amchur.
  • 1 tsp kasuri methi leaves.
  • 1/2 cup red wine.
  • 1 tbsp black pepper.
Method:



  • Beat the curds and add all the above masalas and both type of oils.
  • Marinate the chicken to which you make slits and the fruits cut in roundels.
  • Keep aside for 3hrs.
  • Heat a grill pan very hot till it smokes.
  • Now brush oil and place the chicken and brown on both sides.
  • Now place the fruits and the marinade and turn after short intervals the fruits and chicken.
  • As it dries up pour 1/2 cup red wine and Flambe (tilt towards fire the flames will engulf the alcohol and emit a great fragrance.
The dish is ready to serve.
 
Enjoy a light delicious meal with your favorite poison.


-------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

  1. Its always good to learn tips like you share for blog posting. As I just started posting comments for blog and facing problem of lots of rejections. I think your suggestion would be helpful for me. I will let you know if its work for me too. long grain rice It is useful and get the full of information here student making a best websites and that full of information here.

    ReplyDelete