Thursday 4 June 2015

Sweet Stuffed Apple

Leftovers in the fridge ? This is one thing that bothers every housewife and if the quantity is less its all the more difficult to put up a dish. What did I have in my fridge, 2 apples, 4 mushrooms and a big question in my head what do I do with this, how do I cook them? My daughters would have said Aai eat the apples and keep the doctor away. But I had time on my hand and the desire to cook something innovative and a guinea pig for a husband who will relish it, I presume. So lets see where I started.


Ingredients:

  • 2 red apples.
  • 4 button mushrooms.
  • 2 tbsp brown sugar.
  • 1/4 tsp vanilla essence.
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
  • 2 tbsp dark rum (optional).
  • 1 tbsp raisins.
  • 1 tsp olive oil +2tsp butter.
Method:
  • Core the apples and make a small cup of the apple for stuffing.
  • Apply lime juice to avoid discoloring.
  • In a pan heat 1 tsp olive oil and 2 tsp butter.
  • Add the apples shavings which we removed while coring the apples.
  • Add chopped mushrooms and a pinch of salt.
  • Stir fry for a minute.
  • Add the cinnamon powder, rum and brown sugar mix and let it cook till the mushrooms are soft and the filling is dry, cool.
  • Stuff the apple with the filling and bake at 180deg C  for 15 mins.
  • Serve with cream or Vanilla Ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment